There are some recipes that are super easy to make and are so yummy that you want to eat it more and more. Dry Green Peas recipe is one such recipe that take only few minutes to take and is super simple. I have been cooking it since I was a beginner in cooking and relish eating this healthy yet tasty dish since then. Sukhi hari matar recipe is liked by everyone in my family. We like to eat it alone like snacks with hot tea, as a side dish with dal and chapati and even these dry peas with parathas taste yum. It is a healthy recipe and need no fancy ingredients. So here is this quick recipe for you all so you can also enjoy with friends and family.
DRY GREEN PEAS RECIPE INGREDIENTS
Hari matar ( green peas) – 2 cups
Oil – 2 big tbsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
Onions – 1 to 2
Turmeric haldi powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Finely chopped onions – for garnishing
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Finely chopped green chillies – for garnishing
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp (optional)
(tbsp refers to tablespoon)
(tsp refers to teaspoon)
DRY GREEN PEAS RECIPE
1. Heat oil in a pan or kadahi till it become medium hot.
2. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
3. After a few seconds, add chopped onions and cook them till they turn translucent. Do not cook onions on hot flame or onions will turn golden brown.
4. Add 2 cups of green peas to it and cook these green peas on low flame for 5 minutes.
Also Read: Masala Egg Bhurji Recipe
5. After hari matar is cooked a little, add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt according to taste.
6. You can also add 1/4 cup of water to peas. Water will help peas to soften and cook fast.
7. Stir till all the ingredients are mixed properly. After stirring, cover pan with lid and let peas cook for 10 minutes more.
8. After green peas are cooked, take them in serving bowl and garnish them with coriander leaves, chopped onions and lemon juice. You can also skip the garnishing and eat them as it is. They will still taste super yum.
Our sukhi chatpati hari matar is ready. Dry Green Peas recipe is a tasty peas recipe without gravy. You can use fresh peas or frozen peas as per the availabilty. Do not use dried peas as it will be a completely different dish then. Dry Green Peas is an excellent side dish for chapatis and parathas. It can also be used as filling in sandwiches or parathas.
1. What can be made from green peas?
There are varieties of Indian dishes that can be made from green peas. Some of Green peas dishes that are made in my home are aloo matar, matar paneer, dry green peas, green peas kachoriyan, methi malai matar, vegetable maggi, vegetable macaroni etc.
2. What is the best way to eat green peas?
Green peas can be eaten alone or can be mixed with other vegetables to make a wonderful dish. Green peas taste good and are healthy too. Green peas can be used in pao bhaji, veg mix, macaroni, maggi, rice etc. Green peas can be cooked with or without gravy and can be eaten with chapatis and parathas too.