Egg bhurji is simple recipe that most of us can prepare easily. It can be cooked in very less time with simple ingredients. Egg bhurji recipe is perfect recipe for beginners who like to eat eggs. I prepare egg bhurji in two different ways. One is Masala Egg Bhurji which I prepare with masalas along with garlic and ginger. Other is simple egg bhurji with onions and tomatoes that can be prepared within 10 minutes. Today I am sharing simple egg bhurji recipe with a little twist so that you all can enjoy it more with chapati or toasted bread.
EGG BHURJI RECIPE INGREDIENTS
Eggs – 4
Onion – 2 ( chopped)
Tomato – 1 or 2 ( chopped)
Oil or butter – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Red chilli powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp ( depending how spicy you prefer)
Oregano – 1/2 tbsp ( optional)
Kasturi methi – 1/2 tbsp (optional)
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
(tbsp refers to tablespoon)
Also Read: Masala Egg Bhurji Recipe
SIMPLE EGG BHURJI RECIPE
1. Take oil or butter in a pan or kadahi.
2. Saute onions lightly so that they become translucent.
3. Saute chopped tomatoes also.
4. Whisk 4 eggs in a bowl and add it to onions and tomatoes.
5. Add salt to taste and red chilli powder.
6. Mix everything properly.
7. Let it cook on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
8. Stir in between so that it does not stick to pan or kadahi.
9. Add kasturi methi OR oregano before switching off the flame. It is completely optional.
10. Garnish with loads of chopped coriander before serving. Coriander adds to the taste and is good for health also.
If you cook Egg Bhurji recipe this way, I am sure it will taste really good. Do prepare egg bhurji and enjoy this simple yet tasty recipe with your friends and family. You can eat egg bhurji with simple chapatis or parathas. You can enjoy egg bhurji with buttered pav too. Or you can keep it between bread slices and toast bread to make a wholesome egg sandwich. Egg bhurji can be eaten in breakfast, lunch, dinner and can be enjoyed as side dish too.
1.What Dishes Are Made From Egg?
There are varieties of dishes made from egg like, scrambled eggs, egg omelette, egg bhurji, egg paratha, egg briyani, egg maggi etc. You can also eat egg in form of boiled egss too.
2. Is Egg Bhurji Healthy?
Yes egg bhurji is very healthy dish because eggs are good source of protein. It contains less calories and more amount of protein and is ideal meal for weight loss. Make sure not to prepare egg bhurji in butter who are looking for weight loss.